Dragun takes BATE to second place in the standings

Posted On May 14 2020 by

first_imgThe victory places BATE second with the same points, ten, as the leader, Slutsk, who host Belshina on Sunday.Previously, FC Minsk buried its losing streak in the field of Slavia Mozyr, where it prevailed by 1-3.In half an hour the visiting team got back on track for their second win of the season with a goal from Roman Gribovski. He extended his advantage as soon as the second half started thanks to Yaroslav Yarotski, although Slavia recovered his pulse in the 79th minute through Vladislav Zhuk.It was three later when Artyom Vasilyev sentenced the victory of Minsk, which had three defeats in a row, and that accentuated the crisis of his rival, who accumulates a draw and two defeats in his recent commitments.Finally, Shakhter Soligorsk escaped from relegation positions, which Dinamo Brest approached after winning the duel between the two.A Maksim Vitus own goal scored the second win of the season for the away team, who secured all three points in the 67th minute thanks to Vitali Lisakovich.On Sunday the sixth day of the Belarusian competition will be completed with the remaining three matches. The one of the leader, the Slutsk, that receives the Belshina, the one of the Torpedo Zhodino against the Rukh Brest and the one of the Isloch Minsk against the Vitebsk. The effectiveness of veteran midfielder Stanislav Dragun facilitated the reunion with the victory of BATE Borisov, who came out with three points from the Gorodeja stadium (0-2) on the sixth day of the Belarusian LeagueThe Dragun goal that broke the balance in the match paved the way for Kirill Alshervky’s team, who won again after the draw in their field on the visit of the Torpedo Zhodino.The Gorodeja, who with the victory would have installed himself as provisional leader at the expense of the Slutsk meeting on Sunday, resisted the domination of the visitors.The change made by Alshervky a quarter of an hour from the end was key. The coach removed Evgeni Yablonski from the field and entered Dragun, who scored on the first ball he touched.BATE could not sentence the victory until the added time, with a goal by Anton Saroka in the last action of the match.last_img read more


DONEGAL CHEF CONRAD GALLAGHER FACING NEW YORK TRIAL OVER UNPAID WAGES

Posted On Dec 28 2019 by

first_imgTHE knives are out again for Donegal chef Conrad Gallagher amid new claims he didn’t pay staff at a New York restaurant.The Letterkenny culinary king has been trying to carve out a new career in the States, but faces being thrown out of America if he loses a court case against him.His venture in the Big Apple was so bad, that one newspaper critic refused to give it any stars in a rating from one to five. Last week Gallagher set up yet another new venture in Orange County, California, offering five-star catering services to clients. He has had rave reviews there already, one blogger writing the Donegal man’s food was “better than anything I’ve ever tasted in the USA.”However a lawyer representing former staff at ‘The Purple Fig’ – which went bust 14 months ago in Manhattan – claims he’s been unable to track down Gallagher to serve him with court papers.Robert Wisniewski is representing 40 former staff; they say they were paid below the minimum wage, but never they never received salaries or tips.“It is our belief that due to his failure to pay his debts, he has deliberately gone off the grid,” said the lawyer, who was able to serve some of the papers in California two weeks ago.They are also suing Paul Hurley, another Irishman involved in the venture.Former worker Nick Robinson claims in a statement that when he asked Gallagher for payment, he was told to speak to Hurley, but when he spoke to Hurley he was told to speak with Gallagher.The Donegal man has left a trail of debts behind him from several ventures in recent years.After being declared bankrupt in South Africa in 2009, he returned to Ireland to star in TV3’s Head Chef show.But he left suppliers and staff without money when restaurant ventures in Sligo and Dublin went bust.The Purple Fig in New York was slated by the critics, with New York Post food writer Steve Cuozzo describing Gallagher as a “cut-price Gordon Ramsay.”Cuozzo was scathing in his review – giving it No Stars.And he also found that he had to pay cash – because the restaurant’s credit card facility wasn’t working.The same thing happened in Gallagher’s last ‘cash only’ Dublin restaurant.You can read Cuozzo’s review here http://nypost.com/2012/08/01/fig-get-about-eating-here/If Gallagher has to appear at a civil case in New York and loses, he could lose his working visa and be chucked out of America.DONEGAL CHEF CONRAD GALLAGHER FACING NEW YORK TRIAL OVER UNPAID WAGES was last modified: February 10th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Conrad Gallaghercourt actiondonegalletterkennyRobert WisniewskiSteve Cuozzolast_img read more