Garcia denies abusing Umtiti

Posted On Nov 14 2019 by

first_imgBarcelona Sergio Garcia denies racially abusing Barcelona’s Samuel Umtiti Ryan Benson 23:35 2/5/18 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(4) Sergio Garcia Espanyol Getty Barcelona Espanyol v Barcelona Espanyol Primera División The Espanyol star responded to media reports that he racially abused the Barcelona defender in the tunnel after Sunday’s derby Espanyol forward Sergio Garcia has strenuously denied media reports claiming he racially abused Samuel Umtiti during Sunday’s Barcelona derby.Garcia and Umtiti clashed several times during the match, with the Spaniard producing a nasty tackle on his counterpart early on and also appearing to dive near him in the penalty area later in the game.One of their altercations occurred just before full-time in the 1-1 draw at the RCDE Stadium and discussions continued in the tunnel. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Lyon treble & England heartbreak: The full story behind Lucy Bronze’s dramatic 2019 Liverpool v Man City is now the league’s biggest rivalry and the bitterness is growing Megan Rapinoe: Born & brilliant in the U.S.A. A Liverpool legend in the making: Behind Virgil van Dijk’s remarkable rise to world’s best player It was reported that the two clashed and had to be separated by Gerard Pique, with Garcia alleged to have aimed a racial slur at the Frenchman, before later apologising.But Garcia has spoken out on the matter, insisting he was not racist and that he has spoken with Umtiti to clear things up.Taking to his Instagram page before making it a private account, Garcia wrote: “First of all, to clarify, I already spoke with Samuel [on Sunday].”In no way was my behaviour racist. You all know my wife is an ethnic gypsy and I grew up in a neighbourhood with all the races in the world.”My brother-in-law [former Espanyol forward and current Cologne player Jhon Cordoba], with whom I have a strong friendship, is also African-American.”In the tension of the match, many things are said which should remain on the pitch.”last_img read more


DLF to earn Rs 375 crore rentyear from new commercial project in

Posted On Oct 18 2019 by

first_imgNew Delhi: Real estate major DLF has almost completely leased its commercial project in Gurugram, Haryana comprising 2.5 million sq ft area, and expects to earn a rental of about Rs 375 crore annually, a senior company official said. The 12-acre project ‘Cyber Park’ has been developed by DLF Cyber City Developers Ltd (DCCDL), a joint venture between DLF and GIC, at an estimated cost of about Rs 1,500 crore. It has office space with a small retail area. Also Read – Thermal coal import may surpass 200 MT this fiscal”We have pre-leased nearly 100 per cent area in this Grade-A commercial project,” DLF group MD (Rental Business) Sriram Khattar said. The company expects to get occupancy certificate for this project soon, he said. DCCDL expects a rental income of Rs 365-375 crore per annum from this project, Khattar said. In an investors presentation, DLF had last month said that the rental income from this project would start from October. Khattar said the demand for quality office space is high across major cities from corporates and co-working companies. Also Read – Food grain output seen at 140.57 mt in current fiscal on monsoon boostIn 2016, DLF had given a contract to L&T to construct this project, comprising three towers, as per LEED platinum green certification norms. According to market sources, corporates which have taken space in this project include Bank of America, Reckitt Benckiser, Siemens, E&Y, Sterlite, Trilegal, WPP, JLL and WeWork, among others. DCCDL currently earns a rental income of over Rs 2,900 crore from 30 million sq ft of leased commercial properties. With this project becoming operational, the rental income will go up further. In 2017, DLF-GIC JV was formed when the promoters of the realty firm sold their stake in DCCDL to the Singapore sovereign fund GIC.last_img read more