Iran’s health ministry announced on Tuesday that 11 more people had died from the new coronavirus in the past day, bringing the Islamic republic’s overall death toll to 77.In all, 2,336 people have been infected, including 835 new cases — the biggest increase in a single day since the COVID-19 outbreak began in the country nearly two weeks ago.”According to the latest figures, 835 new patients have been added” to the overall number of infections, Deputy Health Minister Alireza Raisi said in remarks aired live on state television. Topics : “The health care guidelines for preventing infection from this virus should be observed,” Khamenei, who was wearing gloves as he planted a tree, said on state television.The supreme leader said Iran was being transparent with its figures on the outbreak and accused other countries of trying to conceal them.”The #Coronavirus has affected many countries,” he was quoted as saying on his official Twitter account.”Our officials have reported with sincerity and transparency since day one.”However, some countries where the outbreak has been more serious have tried to hide it.”Of course, we ask God to heal the sick in those countries too,” he added.Iran on Saturday dismissed a BBC Persian report that the real number of coronavirus deaths in the country was more than 200.The United States and Paris-based media watchdog Reporters Without Borders have accused Iran of concealing information about the outbreak. “Unfortunately, we have 11 new deaths, and with this amount we have reached 2,336 new confirmed cases and a total of 77 dead.”Iran announced on Feb. 19 its first two deaths from the coronavirus in Qom, a center for Islamic studies and pilgrims from abroad.It now has the highest death toll for any country outside China, where the virus has killed more than 2,900 people since late December.Supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei called on Iranians to stick to hygiene guidelines to prevent the novel coronavirus from spreading.
“Leighton is the most important player for us now and in the future,” said the Everton manager. “We want to do what we can to reward that and let him know he deserves our appreciation. “Contract talks will be opened but it is not just about the contract, it is about making sure he knows how much we want him and how much we appreciate him.” Despite the loss of Fellaini – and, to a lesser extent, Victor Anichebe to West Brom – Martinez believes his squad emerged from the transfer window stronger with the arrivals of midfielders James McCarthy and Gareth Barry from Wigan and Manchester City respectively, and Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku. The latter two are on loan, but Martinez thinks those last-day signings, plus the quartet of Arouna Kone, Antolin Alcaraz, Joel Robles and on-loan Barcelona youngster Gerard Deulofleu who arrived soon after he joined from Wigan earlier in the summer, have left the club in a strong position. “In football you always want to keep the best performers, but he (Fellaini) leaves with our best wishes,” said Martinez, who would not confirm whether the Belgian had handed in a last-minute transfer request prior to his £27.5million move – £4million more than his recently expired buy-out clause. “There was a lot of talk (in the summer), but there was never a case of having to make a decision on it because the contractual situation with Marouane was straightforward. “His buy-out clause expired on July 31 and his valuation completely differed. “But when you lose a player you have to end up in better shape and that is what we have achieved. “The squad ended up stronger and in a very good position.” Former Toffees boss David Moyes wanted to take the England left-back and midfielder Marouane Fellaini to Old Trafford with him, but only succeeded in buying the latter. While the Belgium international had regularly hinted at looking for a new club over the last 12 months, Baines has been a model professional and Martinez believes that deserves recognition. Everton manager Roberto Martinez wants to reward Leighton Baines’ loyalty with a new contract after the club fended off interest from Manchester United in the summer transfer window. Press Association