The tourism and hospitality sector is on the verge of collapse, and at the same time we are paying the highest VAT rate in Europe

Posted On Nov 18 2020 by

first_imgAfter the meeting, the President of the Independent Association of Caterers Marin Medak and the President of the Association of Caterers of Primorje-Gorski Kotar County Vedran Jakominić presented the requests to the Government of the Republic of Croatia and relevant institutions, with the aim of saving the tourism sector finds before complete collapse. “Precisely because of this alarming situation, it is time for the Government to finally start a dialogue with the representatives of the caterers. ”reports from the Coordination of Croatian Caterers. CATERER’S APPEAL: THE SEASON IS BORN, WE MISS WORKERS “We have the absolute highest VAT rate on food preparation and serving in the Mediterranean and one of the highest rates in the European Union. We demand an urgent reduction of that rate to 13%, as well as the abolition of the consumption tax of 3% because these rates prevent us from adequately paying the domestic workers we want to employ instead of foreigners. We are in tax scissors that do not allow us to develop and destroy not only our sector but also tourism as a key branch of the Croatian economy. Our income is practically nationalized through high taxes and benefits, and all risks and obligations remain with us. Our initiative has now grown into an active Coordination of Croatian caterers as a result of the urgent need for change”, Said the president of the Independent Association of Caterers Marin Medak. The caterers are asking for an urgent meeting with the Government. A working meeting with key stakeholders was held in Zagreb today, organized by the Coordination of Croatian Caterers, at which the problems faced by Croatian caterers were discussed and a message was sent to the Government that VAT on food preparation and serving must be urgently reduced from the current 25%. at 13%. Related news:center_img The working meeting was attended by representatives of the Association of Taxpayers Lipa, Croatian Tourism Association, Association of Independent Employers, Coordination of Producers of Spirits at HUP, representative of the Federation of Independent Trade Unions of Croatia Mladen Novosel, suppliers and many Croatian caterers. The coordination of Croatian caterers consists of caterers throughout Croatia, including the initiators of the initiative Association for Catering and Tourism of Međimurje, Association of Caterers Dubrovnik, Independent Association of Caterers and Association of Caterers of Primorje-Gorski Kotar County. It was said that measures such as the introduction of a quota for foreign workers are only a temporary solution, while Croatia needs a quality and long-term strategy for the development of tourism and hospitality that will enable Croatian workers to stay in Croatia instead of going abroad. Photo: Pexels.com “If we compare the distribution of catering turnover in Croatia and in comparable Mediterranean countries, the total share of the state and workers in transport is almost the same (59% vs. 58%), but when we pay attention to the net amount a worker receives, we get the answer where the money is. A worker in our country receives exactly 50% of the amount he could receive, and the entire difference is appropriated by the state. It is humiliating to watch people leave the country, while messages come from the Government that it is the employer who is insatiable. According to Fina, just over 120 entrepreneurs had 882.884 employees last year, a turnover of around HRK 680 billion, and a profit of HRK 22 billion (or 3%). It is clear that money is not with us. We expect that in cooperation with all stakeholders – small breweries, winemakers, family farms and unions, we will succeed in our intention to defend our economy. To direct revenues to our colleagues and domestic producers and thus strengthen the economy, but also reduce dependence on tourism.”, Concluded the president of the Association of Caterers of the Primorje-Gorski Kotar County Vedran Jakominić. NO CATERER MAY PARTICIPATE IN THE DEVASTATION OF THE CROATIAN COAST BY USING FINGERSlast_img read more


Rio Ferdinand and Martin Keown rate Gabriel’s Arsenal debut performance

Posted On Oct 18 2020 by

first_img Comment Gabriel impresses Rio Ferdinand and Martin Keown in goalscoring Arsenal debut Ferdinand and Keown were both impressed with Gabriel’s display (Picture: BT Sport)Picking Gabriel as his Man of the Match, he added: ‘I’m going to go for an area that is an area Arsenal have needed serious attention in and it’s Gabriel. For me you get a clean sheet, you score on your debut, you come in and are as dominant as he was.‘I know he wasn’t asked too many questions, but he’s my Man of the Match. Really happy to see a player of that quality going into the Arsenal defence.’Gabriel lined up in the centre of Arsenal’s back three against Fulham with Rob Holding and Kieran Tierney either side of him, while fellow debutant Willian also performed well and was involved in all three goals.AdvertisementAdvertisementMORE: Emiliano Martinez demands massive Arsenal pay-off as he’s left out of squad vs FulhamMORE: Dani Ceballos squares up to Arsenal teammate Eddie Nketiah during heated pre-match warm upFollow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.For more stories like this, check our sport page. Advertisement The Brazilian netted his side’s second goal against Fulham on Saturday (Picture: Getty Images)Gabriel made the perfect start to his Arsenal career, scoring and keeping a clean sheet in a 3-0 win against Fulham, and has already impressed two legendary Premier League centre-backs.With David Luiz injured, the summer signing from Lille was picked to start away at Craven Cottage on Saturday and gave an excellent display at both ends of the pitch.As well as keeping a clean sheet and restricting Fulham to barely any chances of note, the defender made 113 passes – the most of any player – and capped his display with a fine headed goal from a corner.center_img Gabriel rose high above Fulham’s defence to head in Willian’s corner (Picture: Getty)The 22-year-old appears to have taken to the Premier League like a duck to water and former Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand feels he will provide much more security at the back for Arsenal, though surprisingly was less impressed by his work on the ball.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENTAsked how the Brazilian had fared after a shaky start, Ferdinand said on BT Sport: ‘Yeah with the ball he looks a little bit… not nervous, but he’s just not accustomed so much to playing in a three as well maybe and new teammates.‘But I thought he grew into it and defensively he’s looked very, very, very sound and very solid. So hopefully more of that to come from Arsenal’s perspective.’He later added: ‘They’ve got two new centre-backs who have come in, Gabriel who played today and looked very, very good, very solid – has all the attributes you want to see in a centre-back.‘And they’ve got William Saliba to come in, another young centre-half. And that’s what they’ve been searching for, players who can bring that consistency. Gabriel for me today he got Man of the Match, and deservedly so.’More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing ArsenalFormer Arsenal centre-back Martin Keown was even more glowing in his assessment and felt Gabriel gave a very strong showing on his debut, also naming him as the Man of the Match.‘He’s looked a dominant figure from the off,’ said the former Invincible on commentary duty during the game.‘Some talk about maybe some nervousness in his passing, I wouldn’t have thought he’d played in the middle of a three on too many occasions. But once he got into the game we saw the quality that he has.’ Metro Sport ReporterSaturday 12 Sep 2020 2:34 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link1.3kShares Advertisementlast_img read more


ACC Roundup Week 6: A 3-0 win, a Sunshine State battle and more

Posted On Sep 16 2020 by

first_imgLosers:Syracuse had two weeks to prepare for a run-heavy South Florida offense after allowing 268 yards on the ground to national power Lousiana State. But the bye week didn’t seem to help Syracuse (3-2, 1-0) as the Orange allowed 282 yards on the ground to South Florida (2-3, 0-1 American Athletic) as the Bulls thwarted a Syracuse comeback attempt to win 45-24. Freshman quarterback Eric Dungey turned in a “wobbly” performance in his first game back from injury.Read all of The Daily Orange’s coverage of the game here. Comments Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on October 11, 2015 at 4:50 pm Contact Sam: [email protected] | @Sam4TRcenter_img Brenden Motley threw three second-quarter touchdown passes to Isaiah Ford on the way to a 28-13 win for Virginia Tech (3-3, 1-1 Atlantic Coast) over North Carolina State (4-2, 0-2).No. 6 Clemson (5-0, 2-0) used a balance offensive attack to rack up 538 yards and 43 points as the Tigers handed Georgia Tech (2-4, 0-3), which scored 24 points, its third straight ACC loss in a four-game losing streak.In a battle of Sunshine State schools, Dalvin Cook of No. 12 Florida State (5-0, 3-0) rushed for 222 yards and scored three touchdowns — including a 23-yard scamper which put the Seminoles up for good as it beat the Miami Hurricanes (3-2, 0-1), 29-24.Pittsburgh (4-1, 2-0) held off a fourth-quarter comeback attempt by Virginia (1-4, 0-1) within the last minute to preserve its second consecutive win.A 25-yard, third quarter field goal by Wake Forest (3-3, 1-2) was all the Demon Deacons needed to squeak by Boston College (3-3, 0-3) in a 3-0 win.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textWinners:Duke (5-1, 2-0) failed to score a touchdown last week, but got the win. This week: Different Duke, same result. The Blue Devils scored five touchdowns en route to a 44-3 rout of Army (1-5).last_img read more


Clippers aim for series after incredible comeback win over Warriors

Posted On Aug 26 2020 by

first_imgOne for the record books.#ClipperNation | #NBAPlayoffs pic.twitter.com/7nkLLGsFhQ— LA Clippers (@LAClippers) April 16, 2019″But that’s what’s special — not winning the game — you could hear them in the locker room. They’re not talking about that, they’re talking about coming back and winning.”They have expectations, this team. No one wants to agree with us, and that’s fine. We’re fine with that.”But we have our own expectations and we’re going to keep them.”Lou Williams, who came off the bench to lead the Clippers with 36 points, admitted the turnaround was surreal.”I just got lost in the moment,” he said. Rivers’ team now hosts the two-time defending champions on Thursday in Game 3, and the Clippers coach said his players want to use their historic success in Oakland as a springboard for the remainder of the series.”That’s not enough for us,” he told reporters of the comeback. “We didn’t come here for that.”This is special. You’re down 30 on the road to anybody, you come back, it’s special. Related News DeMarcus Cousins injury update: Warriors center ‘out for a while’ with quad injury Stephen Curry, Warriors won’t dwell on historic loss: ‘The wheels fell off’center_img Doc Rivers insists the Clippers will not rest on their laurels having overcome a 31-point deficit against the Warriors to even their Western Conference first-round series.The Clippers pulled off the largest comeback in NBA playoffs history Monday as they rallied from a seemingly lost position in the third quarter to win 135-131 at Oracle Arena. “I was trying to cut the lead down. I know we were down 30 at one point, I just got lost in the moment.”I really can’t recall a moment that I thought the momentum was changing. It probably was like a 3-point game. That’s when I kind of realized, ‘Oh, we got a shot at winning this game.'”I think I went into another place after that.”last_img read more