“Even though the crisis has temporarily changed how we move, the long-term trends that drive on-demand mobility such as declining personal car ownership or the shift towards greener transportation continue to grow,” Villig said.In April, Bolt turned to Estonia’s government, asking to guarantee a 50 million euros credit, but it has since ditched the plan.“We understood quickly that from the state side there was no interest and we buried this plan,” Villig said.Bolt offers also scooter rental and food delivery. Bolt has expanded its food delivery business to 15 countries from four during this year as demand has surged.“It has multiplied. If you look at countries, from 4 to 15, the deliveries have grown faster,” Villig said.The 2013-founded Bolt — which has over 30 million users in 35 countries — has grabbed business from Uber mostly in major African cities and Eastern Europe.Topics : Ride-hailing service Bolt said on Tuesday it has raised 100 million euros (US$109 million) from London-based investment firm Naya Capital Management in a deal valuing the European rival of Uber at 1.7 billion euros.Bolt said the funding would allow it to grab market share in a sector hurt by COVID-19, as lockdowns have kept customers indoors, and rivals Uber, Lyft and Softbank-backed Ola cut thousands of jobs.“In the next 12-18 months we have an opportunity to win market share,” Bolt founder and Chief Executive Markus Villig told Reuters in an interview.
Source: Ghanaweb The Confederation of African Football (CAF) have announced changes to its qualifiers for the next edition of the U-20 and U-17 Africa Cup of Nations.During the continental football governing body’s Executive committee meeting which was held on Thursday, November 21, 2019, in Cairo, it was confirmed that the qualifiers of the next edition of the U-20 & U-17 Africa Cup of Nations will be played as a zonal final tournament by the 6 zones of CAF.Each zone will organize a final tournament that will qualify to CAF’s final tournament: AFCON U-17, Morocco 2021 and AFCON U-20, Mauritania 2021.The Zones are responsible for opening the engagements, the choice of the host country subject to CAF validation, and the format of the tournament.Two teams will qualify from each zone except for the zone of the host country of CAF final tournament (Morocco for the U-17 and Mauritania for the U-20) which will qualify only one team in addition to the team of the host country which is automatically qualified.Concerning the format of the final tournament, the Executive Committee decided to adopt the attached format.As for the dates of the qualifiers of the U-17 zonal final tournaments, they should be played from 15th June to end July 2020.The U-20 zonal final tournaments should be played from 1st October to 21st October 2020 or from 4th to 24th November 2020.
5 Comments Email Comment Share this storyFormer SNC-Lavalin CEO Pierre Duhaime pleads guilty in bribery case Tumblr Pinterest Google+ LinkedIn More Facebook MONTREAL — Former SNC-Lavalin CEO Pierre Duhaime has pleaded guilty to a charge of helping a public servant commit breach of trust for his role in a bribery scandal around the construction of a $1.3-billion Montreal hospital.Duhaime was the last defendant in a major corruption and fraud case involving the McGill University Health Centre project. His trial had been scheduled to start next week.Yanai Elbaz, a former MUHC senior manager, pleaded guilty in December to accepting a bribe and was sentenced to 39 months in prison. Former SNC-Lavalin executive Riadh Ben Aissa pleaded guilty to a charge of using forged documents last July and was sentenced to 51 months in prison.Duhaime left SNC-Lavalin in March 2012 after an independent review found that he had approved $56-million in payments to undisclosed agents.In an agreed statement of facts presented in court in Elbaz’s case, the former MUHC official admitted to giving privileged information to SNC-Lavalin to help its submission for the contract to build a massive hospital complex in west-end Montreal.Elbaz also admitted to denigrating SNC’s competitors in front of the hospital’s selection committee.Elbaz and Arthur Porter, the former CEO of the MUHC who died a fugitive in Panamanian custody in 2015, received a total of $22.5 million to rig the bidding process to favour SNC-Lavalin, the statement of facts said.Porter created a shell company that received the $22.5 million from the engineering firm. Elbaz then created his own shell company and received his share of the cash, the document said. Elbaz admitted that all the money in the shell companies was proceeds of crime.Police raided the MUHC’s offices in September 2012. The following February, Quebec’s anti-corruption unit issued warrants for the arrests of Duhaime, Ben Aissa, Elbaz and Porter. Duhaime had initially faced charges of fraud, conspiracy to commit fraud and using forged documents.Porter’s wife, Pamela, was arrested later and in 2014 pleaded guilty to laundering the proceeds of crime. February 1, 201910:46 AM EST Filed under News FP Street Reddit Former SNC Lavalin president and CEO Pierre Duhaime arrives at the courthouse for a preliminary hearing on the bribery case in Montreal March 16, 2015.Canadian Press Recommended For YouNike’s plan for better-fitting kicks: Show us your feetEU ambassador: Trump Cuba policy worries European companiesUPDATE 2-Arizona cancels incentive for Nike plant after ‘terrible decision’ to recall sneaker -governorChina’s refiners want tax cuts before making cleaner shipping fuel- sourcesGM’s mid-engine Corvettes roar onstage to take on Europeans Featured Stories Twitter Join the conversation → Former SNC-Lavalin CEO Pierre Duhaime pleads guilty in bribery case Duhaime was the last defendant in a major corruption and fraud case involving the McGill University Health Centre project The Canadian Press What you need to know about passing the family cottage to the next generation Sponsored By: advertisement ← Previous Next →