ShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr There are many reasons to seek a clearer understanding of your members’ experience. Here’s one that really counts: while 80 percent of CEOs surveyed by Bain & Company believed they delivered a superior customer experience, only 8 percent of their customers agreed.Building strong relationships through a thoughtfully-conceived, well-executed and well-received member experience is the surest route to gaining trust. And in the digital age – where every transaction and impulse is captured, analyzed and followed up on – true insight beats anecdotal knowledge every time. If you really want to know what your members value, what they don’t and how they’re interacting with your credit union, member journey mapping is the place to start.To get a clearer picture of the member journey – and to offer a head start to credit unions wanting to learn more – CO-OP partnered with Mastercard Advisors to commission a nationwide survey of 1,200 credit union members this past spring. The research analyzes 2,000 individual member journeys to get detailed insights into the member experience – and to try to uncover opportunities, strengths and pitfalls in the daily interactions credit unions have with the people they serve. continue reading »
A showdown appears to be imminent between government officials in Broward County.Last week, Gov. Ron DeSantis added gyms and fitness centers to phase one of the state’s reopening plan at 50 percent capacity, which Broward joins on Monday.However, Broward has decided to keep gyms closed, while Fort Lauderdale plans to allow such businesses within their city limits to open.Fort Lauderdale Mayor Dean Trantalis signed an executive order Saturday that allows gyms and fitness centers to reopen. He adds that neighboring cities, including Pompano Beach, Coral Springs and Margate, plan to do the same.On Sunday, Broward Vice Mayor Steve Geller warned those moves could lead to legal action, since the county has already issued an emergency order that had excluded gyms from Monday’s reopening.“The cities simply do not have the authority to ignore a county order,” Geller says. “If cities ignore the county, we’re heading to a showdown between the cities and the county. It could end up in court.”He adds that the county could also ask Sheriff Gregory Tony to have deputies shut down any gyms that open.Phase 1 reopening of #BrowardCounty begins Monday, May 18th. Beaches will remain closed, per Emergency Order 20-10. Facial coverings and social distancing still required. https://t.co/amWUk7ovX3 pic.twitter.com/VFU2cJgGEk— Broward County Government (@BrowardCounty) May 14, 2020 On Sunday, Trantalis accused the county of coming up with “an 11th hour order” that challenges the state’s intention to reopen gyms.“We’re just following the governor’s order,” Trantalis explains.Fort Lauderdale Vice Mayor Steve Glassman favors “home rule” for reopening such venues.“It’s not like people in Tamarac are going to flood Fort Lauderdale gyms.” Glassman argues. “Fort Lauderdale is doing the right thing.”He says regarding the idea of deputies being sent to close gyms, “It would be absurd for the county to take it to that level. They want to get into a gym war. If they think it’s worth their resources to send in a deputy to close down a small dance studio, what kind of leadership is that?”Geller says that county officials need to develop a list of safety guidelines before allowing gyms to reopen.“I don’t think the county can keep the gyms closed forever,” Geller says. “But we have to have the guidelines before they open. I don’t want them opened without those guidelines. And it cannot be done on a city-by-city basis. It’s too confusing and they don’t have that authority.”This is a developing story.
Facebook Twitter Google+ The coaches who had built the initial relationships, sold Syracuse to recruits and convinced them to join the Orange were gone. One by one, they followed Doug Marrone out the door and to the Buffalo Bills. The staff dwindled, uncertainty swallowed the program and those same recruits lost their contacts with the Orange.Scott Shafer took over as head coach, assembled a staff quickly and together, they flew all around the country, convincing the prospects to remain committed to Syracuse. Some did, some didn’t. In the end, it was a frenzied few weeks that culminated with a solid recruiting class comprising 19 recruits from 13 different states. The Orange’s new coaches had to mend the relationships that might have bent when Marrone and SU’s former coaches moved west down Interstate 90.“It was more go out and show these kids we recruited prior to some of these new faces on staff who we are and see if they wanted to play for us,” Shafer said at a press conference Wednesday. “And if they still wanted to see who we were to the core, great. And if they didn’t, that’s great, too. Let’s go find some kids that do want to buy into what we’re about.”Marrone’s departure was a blow to the Orange’s recruiting efforts. It worsened when offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett followed him to the Bills. Both resulted in Syracuse losing the commitments of Texas quarterback Zach Allen, New York running back Augustus Edwards and Miami defensive end and linebacker Malik Brown.Shafer said this is what happens in college football. Coaches move to other positions and the remaining and new coaches have to adjust to the changes.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textAt one point, though, SU’s coaching staff was so thin that the holdovers had no way to reach out to every recruit. Only Shafer, defensive line coach Tim Daoust and wide receiver coach Rob Moore remained. It was three coaches trying to reach out to more than a dozen recruits.“The tough part was, at one point, we only had three coaches, so there was only three of us on the road,” Moore said. “It was almost impossible to touch every kid that you want to. We were scrambling for a while.”When Shafer put his new staff together, the coaches spent little time in Syracuse. They went into the recruits’ homes and met with their families. All in all, they held the class together, with only a few exceptions.The coaching changes took place quickly, but the new coaches managed to salvage the commitments of almost every recruit.“I think, given the situation,” Moore said, “we came out of this thing pretty good in light of being down some coaches and really have to scramble toward the end.” Comments Related Stories Quarterbacks Wilson, Kimble enter competition for starting role for SyracuseWide receiver Cooper highlights Orange Class of 2013Signed and delivered: Scott Shafer unveils Class of 2013 on National Signing DayMoving forward: Syracuse’s Class of 2013 set to sign Letters of Intent on National Signing DayA look at Syracuse’s incoming Class of 2013 as National Signing Day looms Published on February 7, 2013 at 12:36 am Contact Chris: [email protected] | @chris_iseman
by Tracy McCue, Sumner Newscow â€” Thursday was a big day at the Wellington Recreation Center. The new rec center which has been in the making for 20 years officially had its grand opening and ribbon cutting Thursday afternoon.The new addition features a new fitness center, meeting rooms, and other amenities. The fitness center has been open since late May.Â â€œI think we might have toured every building that was available over the past 20 years,â€ said Hankie Holefelder, Wellington Recreation Commission member to a crowd of 50 or so people including present and past WRC board members.Exercise equipment galore at the new Wellington Fitness Center.Originally proposed in 1994, the WRC board has looked at various locations from the old Apple Market grocery store building to the church that once housed the First Southern Baptist Church, to the Tibbs Furniture building and even the Wellington Junior High. In November 2008, WRC proposed refurbishing Memorial Auditorium to the city voters which was soundly defeated.In the end, WRC officials chose the same location.Holefelder credited former WRC member Lonnie Cooper for the decision to expand from the old facility.“We kept looking elsewhere and he kept telling us to stay put,” Holefelder said.Wellington Recreation Commission Executive Director Cody White and board member Hankie Holefelder speaking before group Thursday.The general public got to tour the new two-story rec facility at the 200 block of West Lincoln which includes a new weight room, treadmill and stationary bike room, other fitness rooms, locker rooms, conference rooms, art rooms, and offices. Even the old part of the rec center looks almost unrecognizable.The ceremony brought an array of chamber and city officials, although nobody from the Wellington school board was present.Members of the present and past WRC Board, from left: Lonnie Cooper, Shawn DeJarnett, former WRC Director Kenny Everhart, Hankie Holefelder, Cathy Mitchell and Tami McCue. In November 2013,Â the Wellington City Council acted as a guarantor which directed the Wellington Public Building Commission to issue 20 year bonds not to exceed $990,000 for a $1.89 million Wellington Recreation Commission Center expansion. This came at no expense to the city, but will be paid through the existing 5 mill levies designed to the WRC over the next 20 years.The Fitness Center has been in operation for 20 years Â – all of those on the second floor of Memorial Auditorium.For more pictures of the ceremony and fitness center click here.Follow us on Twitter. Close Forgot password? Please put in your email: Send me my password! Close message Login This blog post All blog posts Subscribe to this blog post’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Subscribe to this blog’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Follow the discussion Comments (3) Logging you in… Close Login to IntenseDebate Or create an account Username or Email: Password: Forgot login? Cancel Login Close WordPress.com Username or Email: Password: Lost your password? Cancel Login Dashboard | Edit profile | Logout Logged in as Admin Options Disable comments for this page Save Settings Sort by: Date Rating Last Activity Loading comments… You are about to flag this comment as being inappropriate. Please explain why you are flagging this comment in the text box below and submit your report. The blog admin will be notified. Thank you for your input. +3 Vote up Vote down Small Town Boy · 266 weeks ago The place looks great! Report Reply 0 replies · active 266 weeks ago -2 Vote up Vote down yodo497 · 266 weeks ago SO WAS THERE MORE BUILT THAN JUST A FITNESS CENTER FOR THE ADULTS, LOOKS LIKE THEY COULD OF ADDED MORE FOR THE KIDS TO DO. Report Reply 1 reply · active 266 weeks ago +4 Vote up Vote down Guest · 266 weeks ago Go check it out. They have a new art center for kids, the teen center/game room and concessions area have been greatly improved. Report Reply Post a new comment Enter text right here! Comment as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments Comments by IntenseDebate Enter text right here! Reply as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Cancel Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments
West Brom manager Alan Irvine says he has not decided who will replace the suspended Craig Gardner for the Baggies clash with Newcastle this weekend.Irvine’s side host the Magpies at the Hawthorns on Sunday, but they will have to contend without midfielder Gardner after he picked up a fifth yellow card of the season and a one-match suspension against Leicester last weekend.And Irvine admits he is yet to choose who replace the in-form 27-year-old in the starting line-up.“It’s going to always be horses for courses,” said the Albion head coach.“I pick the team based on what I think the opposition strengths and weaknesses are. With Gards having picked up the fifth booking there is a place going to be open for somebody else.“It’s important then they take that chance when they get it.” West Brom midfielder Craig Gardner 1