RelatedPosts Tyson Fury to Anthony Joshua: Don’t risk fighting Usyk Anthony Joshua, Okolie plot world title double Anthony Joshua wants Tyson Fury, Wilder fight Anthony Joshua has confirmed he will step back into the ring in March to defend his heavyweight belts.The Brit became a two-time world champ after getting revenge on Andy Ruiz Jr on Saturday six months after his shock defeat.AJ, 30, is likely to fight any of mandatory challengers: Oleksandr Usyk and Bulgarian Kubrat Pulev.Keeping hold of all four of his belts could cause a problem for the Brit with Usyk mandatory for the WBO and Pulev for the IBF.Joshua told Sky Sports: “The work begins again because around March I’ll be defending those titles again.“I’m already focusing on my next fight.“Anyone can get it.“The resume shows that, but I’ll be keen to handle my mandatories because the current WBC champion is fighting with Tyson Fury so good luck to them both.“That’s another exciting fight for the division.“In the meantime, I’ll handle my mandatories that I’ll have to do or I want to vacate a belt and I’ve just worked hard to get them I don’t want to give them away.“I’m just going to go over all my steps, all my processes, knock them down one by one and when the big boys are ready, Britain’s here and waiting to become the next undisputed champion of the world.”March’s fight would come just a month after Fury’s highly-anticipated rematch against WBC title holder Wilder.WBO President Francisco Varcarcel has given AJ 180 days to negotiate a deal with Usyk with the deadline ending on June 4 or face giving up his belt.Usyk signed with Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn last year, meaning the super-fight can easily be made and one that will come with consequences should it not happen.Tags: Kubrat PulevOleksandr Usyk
Red Bull and Super League Gaming have joined forces to launch Red Bull All-Stars, a tournament that will see the strongest competitors from the third season of Super League’s League of Legends City Champs competition.Red Bull All-Stars will be hosted on July 23rd at Red Bull’s esports studio in Santa Monica, providing a “national stage for the most accomplished five-person teams” out of each of Super League’s four City Champs divisions.Ann Hand, CEO of Super League Gaming discussed the event: “Part of Super League’s mission is to enable aspiring amateur gamers to engage in competitions that mirror the professional experience, which require exceptional teamwork, strategic thinking and effective communication, in addition to high level gameplay skills. Partnering with Red Bull allows us to raise the bar and continue to advance our mission of becoming a true minor league for esports.”In order for teams to qualify for Red Bull All-Stars, teams took part in the third season of the League of Legends City Champs tournament, which saw teams across four divisions and sixteen cities battle it out. The top team from each division progressed to the newly-announced competition: Seattle Siege, Dallas Dynamite, Miami Menace, and Tampa Bay Dungeoneers. These squads will compete in a bracketed tournament that comprises of best-of-three series.Chris Wyatt, Program Lead for Riot Games added: “Amateur competition is an important cornerstone of all sports. Super League’s All-Star tournament, along with Red Bull’s involvement, represents a new milestone that all League of Legends players can aspire to compete in North America. We look forward to watching the All-Stars come together and test their skills in this exciting event.”Esports Insider says: Red Bull has plenty of ties in esports, so seeing that it has extended its offering with another competition is encouraging. Super League Gaming is doing plenty of great things for amateur competitors so it’s nice to see its offering increase too.Sign up to our newsletter!
In Liverpool, Man United sees the pain and path to recovery For the complete collegiate sports coverage including scores, schedules and stories, visit Inquirer Varsity. De La Salle Lipa, Letran Bataan clash in NBTC Division 2 Finals Recto seeks to establish Taal rehab body to aid community, eruption victims Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. LATEST STORIES Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Conor McGregor seeks to emerge from controversy in UFC comeback University of Santo Tomas and University of the East stayed in step in the Final Four race in the UAAP Season 80 men’s football tournament after separate wins Thursday at the FEU-Diliman pitch.The Growling Tigers shut out Adamson, 5-0, to remain at third place with 18 points.ADVERTISEMENT Steven Anotado came back from his two-game suspension and immediately made impact as he sent the ball to the back of the net at the eighth minute.Marvin Bricenio pounced on the hapless Falcons defense as he doubled the lead with a goal at the 35th minute.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkUST continued to tear Adamson into shreds in the second half, which saw John Ian de Castro complete a hat-trick with his goals at the 54th, 81st and 89th minute.Meanwhile, it was Kent Galaura who came to the Red Warriors’ rescue for their 1-0 win over National University. Cabuyao City rising above the ashes through volunteerism Judy Ann’s 1st project for 2020 is giving her a ‘stomachache’ MOST READ Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award View comments Jiro Manio arrested for stabbing man in Marikina Scarlett Johansson, Sterling K. Brown among SAG Awards presenters Galaura drilled the strike at the 75th minute for the lone goal of the contest, which saw UE’s Stephane Dagaraga and NU’s Sean Epili attested with red cards.The Red Warriors forced themselves on a tie for the fifth place with NU at 13 points.UP still leads the board with 26 points, closely followed by Ateneo at 25. La Salle sits at fourth place with 16 points, FEU at seventh spot with nine points, while Adamson remained scoreless.ADVERTISEMENT Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew