Jack Wilshere has ‘no chance’ of being fit before the end of December, according to Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger.The midfielder has been out of action since August after suffering a fractured leg days before the Community Shield final against Chelsea.Reports this week had claimed the England international may make a comeback before the end of December after processing well with his rehabilitation.However, Wenger has now denied that talk and instead Wilshere will not appear until January.“If you ask me if he will be fit before the end of December, no chance,” said Wenger. Arsenal star Jack Wilshere 1
Donegal GAA star Eamon McGee has told Junior Cert students unhappy at their results they received today not to worry! McGee said that those unsatisfied with their performance in the state examination should take solace from Manchester United and Real Madrid!McGee said the two biggest clubs in the world couldn’t even sign transfer papers properly and botched the proposed transfer of David De Gea. McGee tweeted the following message on his social media timeline,McGee tweeted, “Man U and Real, 2 of the top teams in the world couldn’t sign transfer papers properly weeks ago so any junior certers out there don’t worry!!The hilarious tweet has been retweeted by dozens of followers of McGee on Twitter.Donegal fans will be hoping the influential defender will return for Rory Gallagher’s side for next season’s Ulster and All-Ireland campaigns. DONEGAL STAR TELLS JUNIOR CERT STUDENTS TO KEEP IT ‘REAL’ was last modified: September 9th, 2015 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:newsSport
Arcata >> For the second straight night, Robin Guiver rolled with a starting pitcher who hadn’t had many innings under his belt so far this summer.And a night after Matthew Becker impressed in his first start of the season, Tim Wieser did exactly the same.Wieser struck out 10 and didn’t allow an earned run in six impressive innings of work and the Humboldt Crabs offense once again hit double digits in an 11-1 seven-inning win over the Sacramento M’s on Saturday night at the Arcata Ball Park.“ …
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest Ohio corn farmers welcomed news that President Trump is honoring his commitment to Ohio agriculture by reallocating the waived gallons and upholding the integrity of the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS).“Ohio Corn & Wheat Growers Association wants to thank the President for standing up for ethanol and the RFS,” said Jon Miller, president of the Ohio Corn & Wheat Growers Association. “Corn farmers from Ohio and across the nation have been steadfast in our communications with the White House to retain the RFS and reduce the regulatory barriers for higher blends of ethanol. It’s been a tough year for Ohio farmers, and it is good to finally hear a bit of good news.”Under the Trump Administration, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has issued a number of waivers exempting refineries from the requirements of the RFS. After the EPA recently approved 31 additional RFS exemptions for oil companies, efforts from ethanol advocates intensified in reaching out to the Trump Administration. The Oct. 4 announcement that EPA will reopen the rulemaking for the 2020 RFS volumes and propose to account for waivers in the volume requirements allows EPA to follow the law and restore integrity to the RFS.“At a time when we are seeing ethanol production facilities idle, close, or reduce their production levels, this news is appreciated. We would also like to thank our Ohio Corn & Wheat Growers Association members who overwhelmingly responded and communicated with the President on this vital issue. Not only is this issue extremely important to Ohio corn farmers, it is very important to Ohio communities that rely on ethanol production for jobs,” said Tadd Nicholson, executive director of Ohio Corn & Wheat Growers Association.Under this agreement, the following actions will be undertaken by EPA and USDA:In a forthcoming supplemental notice building off the recently proposed 2020 Renewable Volume Standards and the Biomass-Based Diesel Volume for 2021, EPA will propose and request public comment on expanding biofuel requirements beginning in 2020.EPA will seek comment on actions to ensure that more than 15 billion gallons of conventional ethanol be blended into the nation’s fuel supply beginning in 2020, and that the volume obligation for biomass-based diesel is met. This will include accounting for relief expected to be provided for small refineries.EPA intends to take final action on this front later this year.In the most recent compliance year, EPA granted 31 small refinery exemptions.Building on the President’s earlier decision to allow year-round sales of E15, EPA will initiate a rulemaking process to streamline labeling and remove other barriers to the sale of E15.EPA will continue to evaluate options for RIN market transparency and reform.USDA will seek opportunities through the budget process to consider infrastructure projects to facilitate higher biofuel blends.The Administration will continue to work to address ethanol and biodiesel trade issues.“President Trump’s leadership has led to an agreement that continues to promote domestic ethanol and biodiesel production, supporting our Nation’s farmers and providing greater energy security,” said Andrew Wheeler, EPA Administrator. “Today’s agreement is the latest in a series of steps we have taken to expand domestic energy production and improve the RFS program that will result in sustained biofuel production to help American farmers.”
Related Posts Internet of Things Makes it Easier to Steal You… Could hybrid smartwatches bridge the gap between early adopters and regular people? That’s the hope of Sonny Vu, CTO for connected devices at Fossil Group.Vu detailed a plan to create a new generation of smartwatches in a panel discussion at Web Summit 2016. These smartwatches are actually hybrids which are as technically sophisticated than the current generation of smartwatches, but with the look and feel of a more traditional watch.Hybrid smartwatches would become a new addition to the wrist-worn wearable market. Vu said, “Tracker wearables and display smartwatches are already known, but there’s a new category with hybrid smartwatches, which have a regular analogue display but do more than just tell the time.”There are some obvious setbacks with hybrid smartwatches to the tech enthusiastic. They don’t have the digital touchscreen or live interaction of a more full-featured smartwatch such as the Apple Watch, FitBit Blaze, Pebble Time, or Android Wear. These watches have the downside of being bulkier than traditional watches and short battery life.A fitness tracker such as the FitBit Flex or Samsung Gear Fit. These trackers can keep tabs on your activity and sleep patterns. They also generally have a longer battery life than more full-featured smartwatches. They also include a smaller display and a limited feature set.Almost one year ago, news broke that Fossil was buying the fitness and fashion company Misfit. Since that time, Fossil has been working Misfit’s theme of fashion and technology into its products.A compromise between smart fashion and smart functionHybrid smartwatches are a compromise between a traditional fashion watch and a smartwatch – and one that could bridge the gap between tech enthusiasts that want the feature set of a fitness tracker or smartwatch and fashion-forward users that prefer the simple aesthetics a regular watch.Vu stated, “On the aesthetics side it needs to be something that doesn’t stand out, or something that blends in with the clothes you’re wearing.”Fossil’s Hybrid Q line, for example, features watches that look normal on the outside but contain complex fitness trackers, notifications, media controls, and more baked right in.This category of wearables is relatively new, and brands like Misfit, Fossil, Movado, and others are doing their part to make it work. Time will tell whether or not more big players enter the space, and more importantly, if the market will agree with Vu’s vision. Follow the Puck Tags:#Fossil#hybrid watches#Internet of Things#IoT#smartwatches#Sonny Vu Why IoT Apps are Eating Device Interfaces Ryan Matthew Pierson Small Business Cybersecurity Threats and How to…
Get glitchy with your next project with these digital distortion video packs from around the web.Top image via RocketStockWhether you’re going for a Mr. Robot feel or a Black Mirror vibe, tweaking your project out with digital distortion is a goal well within reach, thanks to these video element packs. Featuring overlays, tutorials, backgrounds, and more, these assets are the key to retro-cool effects.1. Corruption From RocketStockPrice: On Sale for $79With overlays, logo reveals, and transitions, Corruption is the perfect all-encompassing post-production pack for your dystopian/sci-fi themed work. These overlays and transitions ride the wave of video distortion effects prominent in current films and television shows.RocketStock’s Corruption comes with 120 distortion elements in 4K and 20 mega-glitchy SFX, making it perfect for adding imperfections to your work. Plus, the pack includes in-depth tutorials that show users how to best apply Corruption’s fuzzed-out features to their Premiere Pro, Final Cut, and After Effects workflows.2. Red GiantPrice: FreeRed Giant’s stacked collection of distortion tutorials is priceless. They’re fast, free, and invaluable for building your arsenal of skills. Even though you have to create the effects from scratch, the customization aspect can’t be beat.3. DOD MEDIA Featuring TwitchPrice: $45This route does require you to pick up Twitch from Video Copilot, but it’s a great resource to have at your disposal. The tutorial is just under twenty minutes, and it covers everything you need to know to apply a basic video glitch effect.What are your favorite ways to pull off digital distortion? Share them in the comments below!
The Supreme Court on Tuesday declined pleas to extend the date for the final publication of National Register of Citizens (NRC) in Assam by two months from May 31 to July 31 of this year.A Bench led by Justice Ranjan Gogoi stressed that the ongoing work should be completed by May 31 without “any interference from any quarter”.The NRC is being prepared to identify illegal migrants residing in the north-eastern State.The court took exception to a submission made by the Centre and the State coordinator for the NRC that the process would be completed by July 31, instead of May 31.Attorney-General K.K. Venugopal submitted that a status report from the State Coordinator showed that the verification of around one crore persons in the State was yet to be done and this exercise would take till July 31.State coordinator Prateek Hajela submitted that the verification process involved house visits and a mop-up operation was required. “You push it up. We are not going to push it down. Do it by May 31, not a day later,” Justice Gogoi made the court’s stand clear.When Mr. Venugopal said the May 31 deadline was an impossible one, Justice Gogoi observed: “ Our business is to make the impossible, possible and we will do it.”The court posted the matter for hearing on March 27.
The prospect of India’s pace spearhead Zaheer Khan playing in the second Test at Trent Bridge seems remote.”He has shown a considerable improvement and we would take a call on him on the eve of the match in consultation with the team physio,” stated team manager Anirudh Choudhary in Nottingham.But those who witnessed Indian team’s training session knew that the manager’s statement was far from convincing.Zaheer bowled 13-odd overs in the first Test at Lord’s, London, before a strain in his right hamstring forced him to sit out and severely handicapped the Indian bowling attack as England thrashed India by 196 runs.As soon as Zaheer arrived at the training session with his teammates on Wednesday, the prying eyes of the Indian media contingent was on the injured speedster.Long after almost all the Indian players had their nets, Zaheer came out in company with team physio Ashish Kaushik. He did a few rounds of lap of the ground, did some sprints under the physio’s observation and then picked up his jumper, only to disappear again inside the dressing room.His bearing wasn’t the one of man who is looking to bowl for India in 48 hours.Ishant Sharma didn’t bowl a delivery in anger and it was apparent he had a few other personal issues to handle like shaving off his flowing hair which have been much like his personal statement in the last four years. His new look created a huge buzz among the electronic media.Sachin Tendulkar and Gautam Gambhir were two of the other notable cricketers who had fitness issues during the first Test.advertisementTendulkar, unlike his second innings appearance, was crisp and smartly shaven and was one of the first ones to walk to the nets. Gambhir too look eager to have a hit even though the bowling on offer wasn’t great shakes.Ishant didn’t bowl at all and neither did Munaf and Sreesanth, after sending down a few serious overs.India skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni, certainly rattled by his recent batting failures, indulged in some furious hitting down the ground.-With PTI inputs
United States Lavelle returns to USWNT in preliminary SheBelieves Cup roster Seth Vertelney Last updated 1 year ago 01:09 2/15/18 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(0) Matthew Emmons United States The U.S. will take on three of the top six teams in the FIFA rankings in the tournament, which kicks off on March 1 Rose Lavelle has returned from a hamstring injury to make the U.S. women’s national team preliminary 2018 SheBelieves Cup roster.The 22-year-old made her USWNT debut in 2017, cementing herself as a rising star, but missed a significant amount of her rookie season in the NWSL and last month’s friendly against Denmark due to a hamstring ailment.But Lavelle returns on the 26-player roster, which will be narrowed down to 23 ahead of the team’s tournament opener against Germany on March 1. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Lyon treble & England heartbreak: The full story behind Lucy Bronze’s dramatic 2019 Liverpool v Man City is now the league’s biggest rivalry and the bitterness is growing Megan Rapinoe: Born & brilliant in the U.S.A. A Liverpool legend in the making: Behind Virgil van Dijk’s remarkable rise to world’s best player The U.S. will also take on France on March 4 before closing out the three-game tournament against England on March 7.”We had a productive training camp in January and a quality performance against Denmark to open the year, so the goal in the training portion of this camp is to refine our roles and relationships within our style of play,” head coach Jill Ellis said in a news release. Defender Becky Sauerbrunn (foot), midfielder Samantha Mewis (knee) and forward Tobin Heath (ankle) all miss out on the roster due to injuries. USWNT roster by position; caps/goalsGOALKEEPERS (3): Jane Campbell (Houston Dash; 2/0), Ashlyn Harris (Orlando Pride; 14/0), Alyssa Naeher (Chicago Red Stars; 24/0)DEFENDERS (8): Abby Dahlkemper (NC Courage; 14/0), Tierna Davidson (Stanford; 1/0), Sofia Huerta (Chicago Red Stars; 3/0), Hailie Mace (UCLA; 0/0), Kelley O’Hara (Utah Royals FC; 105/2), Casey Short (Chicago Red Stars; 19/0), Taylor Smith (Washington Spirit; 8/0), Emily Sonnett (Sydney FC, AUS/Portland Thorns FC; 13/0)MIDFIELDERS (7): Morgan Brian (Olympique Lyon, FRA; 69/6), Julie Ertz (Chicago Red Stars; 58/15), Lindsey Horan (Portland Thorns FC; 44/4), Rose Lavelle (Washington Spirit; 7/2), Carli Lloyd (Sky Blue FC; 247/98), Allie Long (Seattle Reign FC; 33/6), Andi Sullivan (Washington Spirit; 8/0)FORWARDS (8): Crystal Dunn (Chelsea FC, ENG/NC Courage; 58/23), Ashley Hatch (Melbourne City FC, AUS/Washington Spirit; 1/0), Savannah McCaskill (Sky Blue FC; 1/0), Alex Morgan (Orlando Pride; 135/81), Christen Press (Houston Dash; 97/44), Mallory Pugh (Washington Spirit; 30/8), Megan Rapinoe (Seattle Reign FC; 130/34), Lynn Williams (NC Courage; 16/4)
New Delhi: Real estate major DLF has almost completely leased its commercial project in Gurugram, Haryana comprising 2.5 million sq ft area, and expects to earn a rental of about Rs 375 crore annually, a senior company official said. The 12-acre project ‘Cyber Park’ has been developed by DLF Cyber City Developers Ltd (DCCDL), a joint venture between DLF and GIC, at an estimated cost of about Rs 1,500 crore. It has office space with a small retail area. Also Read – Thermal coal import may surpass 200 MT this fiscal”We have pre-leased nearly 100 per cent area in this Grade-A commercial project,” DLF group MD (Rental Business) Sriram Khattar said. The company expects to get occupancy certificate for this project soon, he said. DCCDL expects a rental income of Rs 365-375 crore per annum from this project, Khattar said. In an investors presentation, DLF had last month said that the rental income from this project would start from October. Khattar said the demand for quality office space is high across major cities from corporates and co-working companies. Also Read – Food grain output seen at 140.57 mt in current fiscal on monsoon boostIn 2016, DLF had given a contract to L&T to construct this project, comprising three towers, as per LEED platinum green certification norms. According to market sources, corporates which have taken space in this project include Bank of America, Reckitt Benckiser, Siemens, E&Y, Sterlite, Trilegal, WPP, JLL and WeWork, among others. DCCDL currently earns a rental income of over Rs 2,900 crore from 30 million sq ft of leased commercial properties. With this project becoming operational, the rental income will go up further. In 2017, DLF-GIC JV was formed when the promoters of the realty firm sold their stake in DCCDL to the Singapore sovereign fund GIC.