Blackpool chairman Karl Oyston has admitted to five breaches of Football Association rules for a text-message exchange in which he called a Seasiders supporter “a retard”.The FA first opened a probe into Oyston’s conversations with fan Stephen Smith back in December and followed that up by bringing a charge against him in March.However, Oyston denied that charge one month later and challenged it as “unlawful”, a claim which the governing body last week announced was dismissed by an arbitral tribunal.Now, the FA has confirmed that a hearing on the matter will take place next Tuesday.Oyston’s attempt to quash the FA’s charge centred on his argument that his exchange with Smith was a private one and should therefore be exempt from their rules.However, a tribunal rejected that notion and gave the FA the green light to continue with disciplinary proceedings against the 47-year-old.Oyston has been charged with using “abusive and/or insulting words”, with reference to disability, which amounts to five breaches of FA Rule E3.Oyston’s run-in with Smith occurred after the chairman’s mobile number was posted on a social media website.The chairman later apologised for the texts’ content in a statement published on the club’s official website and stressed he had regretted responding to personal abuse.However, in the months since, the demonstrations and protests from Blackpool fans against Oyston’s running of the club have only intensified. Blackpool 1
A man went to buy a car after seeing an advert on DoneDeal and decided to steal it instead.John Tierney appeared at Letterkenny District Court charged with the unauthorised taking of the Audi car. The court was told that on February 21st last Tierney spotted the advert on DoneDeal and went to view it with the owner at Killylastin outside Letterkenny.Garda Inspector Sean Grant said Tierney, with an address in St Johnston, viewed the car with the owner, a Mr McNamee.However, when he spotted the keys in the ignition, Tierney decided to jump into the car and drive off.The car was later recovered a few miles away and was undamaged but was missing the keys.Solicitor for Tierney, Mr Kieran Dillon, said his client was into cars and had wanted to see the car but didn’t have enough money to buy it.“He saw an opportunity for a test drive and he took it. It was the completely and utter wrong way to do something,” he said.The court was told that there was an invoice in court for €278 for replacement keys but that Mr Tierney only had €150 at this time.Solicitor Dillon said his client had left school early and had been affected by the death of his father.Judge Paul Kelly adjourned the case until December 16th for a Probation Report.Man went to buy car but stole it from owner instead was last modified: September 22nd, 2019 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:carDoneDealJohn Tierneytheft
Even well-designed mechanical systems can become sources of indoor air quality problems (or can waste energy) if they are incorrectly installed, so it’s important to make sure heating and cooling systems work as designed before the house is occupied. It’s critical to test the systems (including duct work) before anyone moves into the house. That’s almost always cheaper than dealing with the equipment after problems become obvious.This testing — sometimes called “commissioning” — should follow the “TAB” approach: test, adjust, balance.For homes with a forced-air system, it’s essential to check:Air flow at each registerOverall duct system tightnessAir flow over the coilRefrigerant chargeIt’s also essential to check the combustion efficiency of the furnace or boiler burner; to check exhaust fan air flow; and to check ventilation system air flow.—_This GREEN BUILDING TIP is from our Strategy Generator. Build a tip sheet for your green building or remodeling project under the Strategies & Details tab._ Green PointsLEED for Homes: 3 points for minimizing distribution losses in ducts (EA 5).NGBS/ICC-700: 3 points for verifying performance of HVAC equipment (704.5.3).FURTHER RESOURCES#Green Building Encyclopedia:Forced AirAir ConditioningHeat DistributionBlogs:Duct Leakage TestingHeating a Tight, Well-Insulated House How Heat Moves Through HomesIt’s the Little ThingsQ&A Forum:HVAC for Tight Envelope Houses
School-going students of Kashmir valley are an overburdened lot. An official study claims that 75% to 85% students carry bags that weigh above the recommended limit, which is 10 % of a student’s bodyweight.The department of Social and Preventive Medicine (SPM) in Srinagar, in its study, observed 2,000 school-going children over four districts of Kashmir in March this year.“The SPM’s community medicine conducted a study about the burden of school bags among 2,000 school-going children and found that 75% to 85% of the school bags weigh above the recommended 10% of the bodyweight of the child,” said Dr. Muhammad Salim Khan, head of the SPM department.The results of the study show that 10 to 25% of the bags weighed more than 20% of the bodyweight. “It’s much higher than the recommended weight of bags and could prove hazardous,” said Dr. Khan.The department of Social and Preventive Medicine is planning to submit a report to the government along with recommendations to reduce the weight of school bags. “We are collecting details of teaching methodology in schools in other cities. We will look also into the means and ways to reduce weight of school bags,” said Dr. Khan.Health issues Dr. Gazanfer Mushtaq, a physiotherapist, warns of long-term health issues due to heavy bags. “The constant additional weight on children’s shoulders impacts their gait, which can look very droopy and humpy. Prolonged exposure to heavy weight can in fact induce orthopaedic issues besides stress,” warns Dr. Mushtaq.According to the State education department, Kashmir zone, there are around 16 lakh students enrolled from Class I to XII, who are exposed to heavy school bags.
As media companies continue to expand, offering customers and advertising clients more options to buy and sell wares, the collection of consumer data grows as well. To harness this data across its portfolio of products, enthusiast publisher Source Interlink Media created an initiative called Business Intelligence. This division, which exists in the Media and Sales & Logistics divisions at SIM, was launched to offer advertisers a holistic view of their target consumers’ interests and buying habits, by better integrating various data sources in-house for more strategic monetization of consumer-based data.John Marriott, senior vice president and general manager of Motor Trend Auto Shows, is now heading up the initiative as Business Intelligence’s senior vice president. His duties with Motor Trend Auto Shows will remain the same as he takes on the role of working with the Business Intelligence teams. Marriott says this is an opportunity borne of Source’s ability to work with consumers over an extended cycle of interest growth and product purchasing, “We’re trying to latch together all that data about those touch points, to track people as they move through the purchase funnel, in order to compare the behaviors between our customers and start to spot emerging trends, rather than seeing things that happened.” For Marriott, the end goal is directly tied to the advertisers currently working with SIM, “We want to begin to be at a position to see things as they happen, and eventually be able to employ some predictive modeling that will enable us to look forward and to spot things, which we can then present to the manufacturers.”Working with chief technology officer Raghu Bala, Marriott will put together a team of data mining staffers, database developers and statisticians. He says his first staffer is set to start next week, and the team will continue to grow over time.“What I’m excited about is getting to the point where we can really start applying statistical analysis on this vast amount of data, so we can start predicting and seeing those predictions come true, both for our internal staff and our advertisers,” Marriott says. “If we can help them better understand what their customers are saying about their products, how they’re viewing them and comparing them to other products, I think that’s going to generate a lot of value.”
Google’s board of directors and executive leadership have been accused of covering up allegations of sexual harassment against former executives. Getty Images A Google shareholder has filed a lawsuit against the company’s executive officers and board of directors, alleging the company concealed sexual misconduct allegations against former executives.The lawsuit, filed by shareholder James Martin, stems from hefty severance packages Google reportedly gave executive Andy Rubin, the creator of the Android mobile operating system, and Amit Singhal, head of Google’s search unit until 2016. Allegations of sexual harassment against the two men were found to be credible by company investigations, according to the lawsuit.”Rubin was allowed to quietly resign by defendants Larry Page and Sergey Brin after an internal investigation found the allegations of sexual harassment by Rubin to be credible,” according to the complaint, filed Thursday in California state court. “While at Google, Rubin is also alleged to have engaged in human sex trafficking — paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to women to be, in Rubin’s own words, ‘owned’ by him.”The lawsuit comes during a period of prominent figures in industries ranging from politics to entertainment being toppled by revelations of sexual harassment or sexual assault. In the tech industry, companies like Uber have wrestled with accounts of work environments fraught with varying degrees of sexual harassment. High-profile venture capitalists like Chris Sacca and Dave McClure have been unseated, as well, over sexual harassment allegations. Google paid Rubin $90 million after Page asked for his resignation following an allegation Rubin coerced a female employee into performing oral sex in a hotel room in 2013, according to a New York Times report in October. Singhal stepped down as Uber’s senior vice president of engineering in 2017 after the ride-hailing company discovered he’d allegedly been accused of sexual harassment while he was employed at Google. He resigned from Google in 2016 after reportedly being accused of sexually harassing a female employee in a different department at Google.Rubin and Singhal have denied the allegations. The lawsuit accuses the board and executives of breach of fiduciary duty, unjust enrichment, abuse of power and corporate waste. Defendants include Page and Brin, former Chairman Eric Schmidt, CEO Sundar Pichai, former human resources director Laszlo Bock, chief legal officer David Drummond, Rubin and Singhal, among others.A similar lawsuit was filed Wednesday by Northern California Pipe Trades Pension Plan and Teamsters Local 272 Labor Management Pension Fund.In November, Google employees around the world staged a coordinated walkout to protest the company’s handling of the sexual harassment allegations. The walkout’s organizers said more than 20,000 full-time workers and contractors participated in the Nov. 1 protest.Some of the Google employees involved in the walkout released a statement Thursday in support of the lawsuits.”We have all the evidence we need that Google’s leadership does not have our best interests at heart,” they said.Google didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment. 0 Post a comment iHate: CNET looks at how intolerance is taking over the internet. Solving for XX: The industry seeks to overcome outdated ideas about “women in tech.” Tech Industry Tags The top 10 products of CES 2019 Share your voice 10 Photos Google
More about 2020 Bentley Continental GT Convertible Not everything on the Flying Spur will be a carbon-copy carryover from the Conti. Bentley’s upcoming sedan will feature all-wheel steering, the first Bentley to do so, improving the low-speed turning radius while improving handling at higher speeds. It’ll also carry rear-biased all-wheel drive, only powering the rear wheels until it detects slippage. Adaptive suspension will also make an appearance.That’s about all we know for now. But we don’t have to wait too much longer to learn more — Bentley confirmed that it will introduce the world to the new Flying Spur on June 11 at 11 a.m. BST, or 6 a.m. ET.Enlarge ImageWe’ll see the whole thing (without stickers) in just a couple weeks. Bentley Bentley 2020 Bentley Continental GT V8 first drive: A more athletic grand tourer The 2019 Bentley Continental costs a packet, but it’s… More From Roadshow Preview • 2020 Bentley Continental GT Convertible first drive: 207-mph toupee shredder Comment 2020 Bentley Bentayga Hybrid first drive: One posh plug-in 2020 Bentley Continental GT: Concept looks with a surprise inside 12:21 Enlarge ImageIf you’re wondering why it looks so much like the old one, that’s on purpose. Its new look is being disguised by stickers meant to resemble the outgoing Flying Spur. Bentley The third-generation Bentley Flying Spur is just around the corner, but before it makes its official debut, Bentley saw fit to offer up some teasers and a bit of information about the car’s new tech.Bentley on Wednesday put out two new teasers for the upcoming new Flying Spur. The pictures still show the car in camouflage — look closely enough, and you’ll see stickers over all the lights. Expect to see the same kind of design changes first implemented on the new Continental GT, including slimmer lights and a bit more expression from the body panels. The automaker also put out a video teaser on YouTube, offering up some surprisingly grumbly exhaust notes alongside a similarly camouflaged vehicle. Now playing: Watch this: Share your voice Tags 1 Bentley Superluxury Cars Sedans
This document is subject to copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study or research, no part may be reproduced without the written permission. The content is provided for information purposes only. © 2010 PhysOrg.com (PhysOrg.com) — The idea of a solar charger is not a new one. There are a whole host of them for the mobile device, but a lot of them are too expensive to be purchased by the average consumer. Other charge devices too slowly. Only time will tell which solar charger becomes the pragmatic option. Panasonic has decided to throw its hat into the ring with its new BG-BL01 charger. The BG-BL01 is a combination device, both solar battery charger and emergency LED Light. The solar power come courtesy of a HIT Solar panel, the same type of current generation panels that are found on homes. The BG-BL01 also comes equipped with a USB port, two AA Battery Charger slots and three LED lights.The device itself is surprisingly small, at just 152×104×24mm and it weighs 150g. Panasonic claims that the device will take up to 15h to fully charge two AA Batteries. With a full charge users will get up to 10 hours of the highest brightness light or up to 60 hours worth of light at its lowest brightness. The LED lamps are at a capacity of 0.12W×3. The system will also be able to power a 500mA USB powered device in about 1h and 20 minutes. Panasonic releases wireless solar charging table The BG-BL01 is also IPX3 compliant, which makes it splash proof but not submersion resistance. The device will be on sale by the end of August 2011 and it is expected to retail for $75. It is expected to retail for this price in both Japan and the United States. Citation: Panasonic releases a solar charger with USB, AA battery slots and LED lights (2011, July 5) retrieved 18 August 2019 from https://phys.org/news/2011-07-panasonic-solar-charger-usb-aa.html Explore further