Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Wednesday prayed at temples in Ayodhya and visited a Dalit family, prompting the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) to complain to the EC that he had violated the EC order barring him from campaigning. The Election Commission had on Monday barred Mr. Adityanath from campaigning for 72-hours starting 6 a.m. on Tuesday for his communal remarks. The BSP, however, claimed that a crowd of about 500 people had gathered at the village where the Chief Minister had lunch with the Dalit family that had benefited from a central government housing scheme. In his complaint to the poll panel, BSP Faizabad district president Mahendra Pratap Anand alleged that the Chief Minister had campaigned in the village which was a violation of the ban order imposed on him by the poll panel. During his visit to the home of 60-year-old Mahaveer in the Muslim-dominated locality of Sutahti, adjacent to the Ram Janambhoomi-Babri Masjid site, Mr. Adityanath had a chapati with some bottle gourd and okra subzis. A beneficiary of the Pradhan Mantri Aawaas Yojna (PMAY), the Dalit family had received ₹2 lakh from the Union government for the construction of their home. Mr. Adityanath also met Ram temple movement activists including Ram Janambhoomi Nyas president Mahant Nritya Gopal Das, Digambar Akhara Mahant Suresh Das and Vishva Hindu Parishad spokesperson Sharad Sharma. Another BSP leader termed the meeting as an effort to mobilise Hindu voters. ‘Met religious leaders’“The Chief Minister met many Hindu religious leaders and he campaigned for the BJP and mobilised them. He has violated the election commission’s orders,” BSP’s divisional coordinator Pawan Kumar said.. Mr. Adityanath also visited the Sugreev Qila temple and Hanumangarhi temple in Ayodhya and performed ‘Aarti’ on the banks of the river Saryu. In the evening, he drove to Devipatan, a temple dedicated to goddess Durga in Balrampur district and after offering prayers, met BJP workers.
Cavs owner gets ‘vile’ voicemails after LeBron’s ‘bum’ tweet Fire hits houses in Mandaluyong City Fire hits houses in Mandaluyong City LATEST STORIES The incident happened when Lille’s Fode Ballo-Toure ran towards the section of visiting fans after scoring the opening goal, prompting a surge that caused the barrier to give way.Built in 1999, the Stade de la Licorne (“Stadium of the Unicorn”) is the smallest of the 20 French Ligue 1 clubs, with a capacity of only 12,000.Renovation work is taking place throughout the 2017-18 season, as newly-promoted Amiens brings the ground up to a higher standard.‘Hardcore fans’ The venue boasts an eye-catching, futuristic design with a transparent roof, which is being renovated. The seats are also being progressively replaced under the 7.5-million-euro ($8.9-million) scheme.ADVERTISEMENT MOST READ Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. BSP sees higher prices in November, but expects stronger peso, low rice costs to put up fight View comments Nonong Araneta re-elected as PFF president Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles01:27Filipino athletes get grand send-off ahead of SEA Games01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games Amiens public prosecutor Alexandre de Bosschere said an investigation had been opened into “accidental injury”, focusing on why the barrier gave way.“We have put legal seals on the site (to bar access to it), and an assessment will be carried out in the next few days.”The club’s president Bernard Joannin dismissed any idea that there were problems with the barrier.“The police had warned us that there were 200 hardcore fans, really wound up, who were in the section set aside for Lille fans. They surged forward, chaotically, more than 500 people, against this barrier, which was in perfect condition.”Back in May, local politician Alain Gest had suggested that upkeep of the stadium had been neglected by previous local administrations but was now “perfectly in line with regulations” and “up to standards for playing in Ligue 1”. Read Next Frontrow holds fun run to raise funds for young cancer patients Members of the stadium staff stand by the stadium barrier that collapsed during the French L1 football match between Amiens and Lille LOSC on September 30, 2017 at the Licorne stadium in Amiens. Several Lille supporters were hurt in Amiens when a stadium barrier collapsed in the away section as the visiting fans celebrated the opening goal of the match. The Ligue 1 fixture was interrupted in the 16th minute after LOSC French defender Fode Ballo-Toure’s goal sparked celebrations that caused a fence separating the fans from the pitch to crumble under their weight./ AFP PHOTO / FRANCOIS LO PRESTITwenty-nine fans were hurt, five of them seriously, when a barrier collapsed Saturday at a stadium in the northern French city of Amiens as away supporters celebrated their opening goal.A fence separating Lille fans from the pitch gave way as they surged forward to celebrate the goal against Amiens, a regional rival that has just been promoted to the top flight in French football.ADVERTISEMENT Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH Several tumbled about 1.5 meters (five feet) and were crushed by other fans who fell on top of them. Injuries included head, chest and abdominal trauma, medical authorities said.Referee Thomas Leonard suspended the match in the 16th minute as Red Cross and emergency workers rushed to help the injured. The fixture was later abandoned.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutout“It happened all of a sudden. I don’t even know who scored. It just suddenly fell on me. I couldn’t hear anything, I couldn’t see anything and then the emergency workers took me away,” said Georges Penel, a 21-year-old Lille fan who suffered injuries to his leg and back.The prefecture of the Somme department gave a provisional toll of 29 hurt, five of them seriously. Among the injured were three minors, all in their teens, medical authorities said. LOOK: Loisa Andalio, Ronnie Alonte unwind in Amanpulo for 3rd anniversary